Monday, October 20, 2008

And So It Begins....

I have been engaged for one week and two days and I am already frustrated with planning a wedding. The one thing that has kept me sane is blogs on practical budget-conscious weddings. So, I thought sharing my thoughts anonymously might help me keep it all in focus as well. My perfect wedding is intimate, simple, and classy. Not modern and flashy. Not trying to impress anyone. Just letting our closest friends and family (turns out this may be upwards of 125) celebrate this very special day with us. Oh, and I want to do all this without spending money that would otherwise go toward... a honeymoon, a house down payment, our savings account.

I also want our wedding to reflect our values. We seek to live mindful lives that celebrate deep inner peace and joy over binging on consumer goods. This makes it hard to plan a wedding (as so many others have observed) in an industry geared towards making it as expensive as possible. So here we are, trying to plan a mindful wedding. Which makes me a mindful bride

No comments: