Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Wedding Dress Shopping


I am preparing to go on my very first wedding dresss shopping excursion. And I am excited. I think mainly because I am pretty sure that I am not going to buy something from a store, but try to find a pre-owned dress or some other creative solution. I think this takes a little of the pressure off.
That being said, I would like to look at any samples or sale items that the shop might have. Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky I have heard that some bridal shops can be, well, a bit snobby towards brides who favor their sale area. In an effort to make sure that my shopping experience is pleasant, I wasn't sure how to handle this. Should I just try on the expensive dresses and then ask if they have samples left from their sample sale or any other sale dresses. Or should I broach it initially: "I am looking for something with a sweetheart neckline or off-shoulder straps with a chapel length train. Oh, and if you have any sale dresses, I'd also be interested in looking at those." Thoughts?
Image: Priscilla of Boston Style # 4209

No comments: