Thursday, April 9, 2009

Bridal Shower

from here

So, my sisters (my two Maids of Honor) are getting together this weekend and are planning my bridal shower. My sister sent me this question: what do you envision your shower to be like? Her suggestions were a quiant tea party, a spa gathering, a party at a chinese restaurant, a lingerie shower, a wine tasting. My answer: I have no frickin idea. What did you do for a shower? Or how was a shower that you attended and liked done?

Also, how did you handle inviting your fiance's family? Did you do a couple's shower? Did you have two showers? One for ladies and one with more family?
P.S. I know this picture has NOTHING to do with a bridal shower, but it is a bride (and her maids) ready for a (rain) shower, so I found it appropriate.

2 comments:

Color Me Green said...

oh god thinking about having a shower with family members, mine or his, besides my sisters, makes me shudder. so i guess that would be one wedding tradition i want none of. unless it's just me and my gal pals hanging out and drinking champagne.

jes [a mountain bride] said...

I've been to a couple of showers that were realllllly pretty and really nice. One was at a tea house (her's was really quite formal, and there was a dress code, and it was a little silly...but it was fun none the less). I like the one's I go to that are thrown by family at people's homes. There have always been the women from both sides of the family and all the brides friends/co-workers. A couple of awkward games are played so people get to know eachother...bride opens shit ton of presents...amazing food is served...call it a day. I live far far away from my family and my friends are spread to the wind so I don't think a shower is even in my future (and I'm actually bummed...I love the women in my life and it would be such a fun way to spend an afternoon)