Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Flower Trial


After her initial hesitation, my Mom has jumped on board with our plan to DIY flowers. She is even taking a flower class at the local community college. She sent me this picture over the weekend--that greenery, it's from the shrub outside. And the roses are from my parents' garden. Anyway, this isn't exactly what we are going for, but a good trial, I think, using what she had around.
I apologize for the lack of posting--trying to stay away from wedding blogs in an effort to focus on work really cuts down the inspiration for posts. But, we have been making slow but steady progress on our to do list: we finally approved the proof for our invitations and should be getting them in a couple weeks, I am going to order bridesmaid dresses this week (woo hoo for 20% off coupon from JCrew), and I think I have found hair and make-up people, among other things we have been up to...

4 comments:

Your Wedding Whisperer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Your Wedding Whisperer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Your Wedding Whisperer said...

I admire your mom for giving it a go.
Perhaps she could try making a bouquet of flower in her hand using open flowers with large heads. She can add to what she has available in her garden. Keep all the heads of the flowers even. Put a rubber band around them to hold them in place and cut the stems so they sit in the vase with the heads of the flowers mounding at the top. No greenery between the flowers. She can use leaves around the bottom to hide the rubber band.

Dyanne said...

Thanks for the suggestion!