Monday, June 29, 2009

Self-Addressed Envelopes


So, I did a test run yesterday on DIY "calligraphying" my envelopes according to Jenn at With This Ring's tutorial. I chose the English font that I found at dafont. The font is a little boring, so I experimented with adding my own embellishments. I am a little afraid that it will look too perfect--since I am tracing over computer printed words. I also found using a calligraphy pen was much easier for me than a calligraphy marker. I couldn't figure out how to get the marker to make clean lines. One of the biggest problems I had was getting my printer to feed my envelopes (that's why the picture is off-center). Has anyone figured out a solution to this? The fiance is going to try with his home computer, so hopefully that will work. Does anyone have any other tips for this method of addressing?

No comments: