Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Colors

I am in a bit of a quandry over our colors. Not that I feel the need to have a matchy-matchy wedding, just that a color scheme helps unify everything so it looks pretty and coherent. We had been planning to do white and apple green with bridesmaids in Navy. My mom is convinced that I should have blue hydrangeas in my bouquet. Which would work--bridesmaids in blue with white and green bouquets and me in white with a blue and white bouquet. But then I see bouquets like the one pictured here and just fall in love. It is so beautiful. Am I limiting myself with such muted colors? Should I not take advantage of the beautiful flowers in bright colors? Unfortunately, I don't really have a good eye to be able to figure out a palette that works together without limiting myself to specific colors. Sigh. I think this is one of those things I don't have to decide quite yet.

2 comments:

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

The colors in these flowers are so great!

sera said...

I think if you love that orange bouquet, you don't need to match your bouquet to anything else. That bouquet would look amazing with a white dress standing next to bridesmaids in navy with white and green bouquets. It's not totally clashing, it blends beautifully while being different, and you're the bride, you get to stand out.

I can't remember where I read it, but initially you choose the main three colors and then you add tiny touches of additional colors if you like. Because you'd be choosing just one different bouquet (or maybe a matching boutenierre for your man) it's just a splash of color that coordinates but doesn't match the rest of your scheme. In the end it would look beautiful and intentional.